The configurable WebSmart DGS-1210-28MP switch, equipped with 24 10/100 / 1000Base-T ports with PoE support and 4 1000Base-X SFP ports, supports D-Link Green technology and advanced management and security features, providing high performance and network scalability . Management functions include SNMP, Web-based management, D-Link Network Assistant and a simplified command-line interface (CLI) via Telnet. The DGS-1210-28MP supports Auto Voice VLAN, providing the highest priority for “voice” traffic. In addition, the switch is equipped with intelligent fans that are able to change the rotation speed depending on the temperature, which saves energy and reduces noise.
Thanks to the D-Link Green technology, the DGS-1210-28MP switch allows you to save power without sacrificing performance and functionality. The switch determines the connection status for each port and automatically switches inactive ports to sleep mode. Due to the chipset used, the DGS-1210-28MP switch allows significantly reducing energy costs.
Layer 2 functions
This switch supports a full set of Layer 2 functions, including IGMP Snooping, Port Mirroring, Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) and Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP). The IEEE 802.3x flow control function allows you to optimize the load on the switch to improve the reliability of data transfer. Supporting the speed on each of the ports up to 2000 Mbit / s in full duplex mode, the switch provides the high performance required to connect workstations. The switch supports cable diagnostics and Loopback Detection. The Loopback Detection function is used to detect loops and automatically turn off the port on which the loop is detected. The cable diagnosis function is used to determine the status of the twisted pair, as well as the type of cable fault.
Auto Surveillance VLAN and Bandwidth Management
The DGS-1210-28MP switch supports Auto Surveillance VLAN (ASV) and Auto Voice VLAN, making it an ideal solution for deploying video surveillance and IP telephony systems. This functionality allows automatic detection of video surveillance equipment and VoIP equipment in the common network, distributing it into separate VLANs, within each of which the highest priority of service will be assigned for video traffic or voice traffic. Support for Auto Surveillance VLAN and Auto Voice VLAN ensures stable operation of video and VoIP applications, high-quality transmission and maximum protection of multimedia traffic, regardless of the overall network load. The bandwidth management feature allows network administrators to reserve bandwidth for applications that require maximum priority or high bandwidth.
The D-Link Safeguard Engine provides an effective mechanism for protecting the switch from viruses and malicious traffic. Authentication based on the 802.1X port allows you to use an external RADIUS server to authorize users. In addition, the ACL function increases network security by filtering traffic from unauthorized MAC / IP addresses. The DGS-1210-28MP also supports the ARP Spoofing attack prevention feature that protects the network from attacks that can lead to a change in traffic or its delay due to the sending of false ARP messages by the attacker. In order to prevent ARP Spoofing attacks, the switch uses access control lists to block packets containing false ARP messages. To improve security, the DHCP Server Screening function is used to deny access to unauthorized DHCP servers.
The D-Link Network Assistant utility provides automatic detection and display of D-Link WebSmart switches on the screen belonging to the same L2 network segment. With this utility, the user does not need to change the IP address of his computer, which simplifies the initial installation of the switch. The user can access the advanced configuration and basic settings of the detected devices, for example, password change and software update. The DGS-1210-28MP switch also supports the D-View 6.0 program and the simplified command-line interface (CLI) via Telnet. D-View 6.0 is a network management system that allows you to manage the most important parameters, such as operability, reliability, flexibility and security.
- Link status detection
- Port shut-off
- System hibernation
- Time-based PoE (PoE models only)
- Access Control Lists (ACLs)
- D-Link Safeguard Engine helps the CPU resist broadcast / multicast / unicast flooding.
- Port Security supports up to 64 MAC addresses per port
- ARP Spoofing Prevention
- Smart Binding
- D-Link Network Assistant (DNA) utility or multilingual Web UI
- Built-in SNMP MIB for remote NMS (D-View 7.0)
- Compact Command Line Interface (CLI) through Telnet
- Static routing
- Surveillance Mode
- Auto Voice VLAN
- Dual software images
- Dual configuration files
- 24 10/100/1000BASE-T PoE.
- 4 100/1000 Mbps GbE/ SFP combo ports.
- IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T Ethernet (twisted-pair copper)
- IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet (twisted-pair copper)
- IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-FX 100 Mbps over fiber optic
- IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (twisted- pair copper)
- IEEE 802.3z 1000BASE-X 1 Gbps over fiber optic
- IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
- IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
- IEEE 802.3af/at compliance (for PoE ports)
- UTP Cat. 5, Cat. 5e (100 m max.)
- Full/Half-duplex for 10/100 Mbps.
- Full-duplex for 1000 Mbps.
Media Interface Exchange
- Auto MDI/MDIX adjustment for all twisted-pair ports.
MAC Address Table
Static MAC Addresses
Maximum 64 Byte Packet Forwarding Rate
Packet Buffer Memory
PoE Capable Ports
- Power (per device)
- Link/Active/Speed (per port)
- PWR Max
- Fan Error
- 100 to 240 V AC 50/60 Hz internal universal power supply.
Maximum Power Consumption (PoE enabled)
- 446.1 W/100 V
- 424.8 W/240 V
Maximum Power Consumption (PoE disabled)
- 29.8 W/100 V
- 29.0 W/240 V
Standby Power Consumption
- 18.5 W/100 V
- 17.1 W/240 V
- High speed: 51.7 dB(A)
- Low speed: 44.9 dB(A)
- 1521.99 BTU/hr (100 V)
- 1449.49 BTU/hr (240 V)
- -20 to 70°C (-4 to 158°F)
- 0% to 95% relative humidity
- 0% to 95% relative humidity
Dimensions (L x W x H)
- 440 x 250 x 44 mm (17.32 x 9.84 x 1.73 in)
- EMI: CE Class A, VCCI Class A, FCC Class A, BSMI, CCC
- Safety: CB, UL, BSMI, CCC