The DAP-1665 Wireless AC1200 Dual Band Access Point is a fast and versatile solution for bringing wireless AC to your existing wired network, or extending your current wireless network. The latest 802.11ac technology delivers combined speeds of up to 1200 Mbps, so you can create a high-speed wireless link between networks, or quickly transfer large files wirelessly between computers on the same network.
High-Speed Wireless and Wired LAN
The DAP-1665 features the latest 802.11ac wireless technology, capable of delivering combined speeds of up to 1200 Mbps over two bands. Use the 2.4 GHz band’s 300 Mbps for web surfing, email and chat, while simultaneously using the lower-interference 5 GHz band for network bridging, downloading, and file transfers. For wired connections, the Gigabit LAN port enables wired data speeds of up to 1000 Mbps, meaning that your Gigabit-compatible wired devices can also benefit from the high speeds of wireless AC.
Versatile Operation Modes
The DAP-1665 can be configured to operate in several modes, allowing you to customize it to your networking needs. Access Point mode allows the device to act as a central hub for wireless users, giving them access to your existing wired network. Wireless Client mode is available to enable the DAP-1665 to connect to another access point and provide network and Internet access to a remote wired device such as a gaming console or media center. Bridge mode allows you to create a high-speed wireless link between two wired networks (LANs), alleviating the need to install additional network cabling. Bridge mode with AP adds the functionality of a wireless access point to your bridged network, so wireless clients can access resources on both networks. Repeater mode extends wireless coverage of your existing wireless network to cover “dead” spots and reach farther into your home or office.
Full Wireless Security
The DAP-1665 provides 64/128-bit WEP encryption and WPA/WPA2 security
to protect your network and wireless data. This device also supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) to quickly and securely set up a secure wireless network. In addition, the access point features MAC address filtering and a disable SSID broadcast function to limit outsiders’ access to your wireless network. The DAP-1665 also features a Kensington security slot so you can protect your access point against theft.
Wireless and Wired LAN
- Latest 802.11ac wireless technology.
- Backwards-compatible with 802.11n/g/b/a clients.
- Frequency Range:
• 2.4GHz: 2.4GHz – 2.4835GHz
• 5GHz: 5.15GHz – 5.30GHz
• 2.4GHz: 19dBm
• 5GHz: 23dBm
- Two external antennas increase range.
- Gigabit LAN port for wired connections up to 1000 Mbps.
- Access Point mode to add wireless to your existing network.
- Repeater mode extends the range of your existing wireless network to reach further throughout your home or office.
- Bridge mode lets you create a direct wireless link between two existing LANs.
- Bridge mode with AP adds the functionality of a wireless access point to your bridged network.
- Client mode delivers wireless connectivity to a LAN device such as a storage. device, media server, or gaming console.
- WPA/WPA2 security encryption to protect your wireless traffic.
- Quickly and easily add new wireless devices with Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
- Kensington lock port to protect against theft.
- IEEE 802.11ac.
- IEEE 802.11n.
- IEEE 802.11g.
- IEEE 802.11b.
- IEEE 802.11a.
- IEEE 802.11ac wireless LAN.
- IEEE 802.11n/g/b/a wireless LAN.
- 10/100/1000BASE-TX wired LAN.
- Access Point (AP).
- Bridge with AP.
- Wireless Client.
- 2 x 2 dBi external antennas.
Data Signal Rate
- 2.4 GHz.
- Up to 300 Mbps1.
- 5 GHz.
- Up to 867 Mbps1.
- 2.4 GHz wireless.
- 5 GHz wireless.
- 64/128-bit WEP.
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
- MAC address filtering.
- Kensington® security slot.
- SSID broadcast disable.
- Web-based interface minimum requirements:
- Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 12.0, Chrome 20.0, or Safari 4.0.
- 147 x 108 x 27.8 mm (5.79 x 4.25 x 1.1 inches)
- 222 grams (0.489 lbs)
- Input: 12 V/1 A
- Consumption: Maximum 5.18 W
- Operating: 0 to 40 °C (32 to 104 °F)
- Storage: -20 to 65 °C (-4 to 149 °F)
- Operating: 10% to 90% non-condensing
- Storage: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- CE 2
- Wi-Fi Certified