The DGS-1016S 16-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch is ideal for home and small to medium-sized businesses (SMB) to add a quick and easy Gigabit upgrade to the network. Fully IEEE 802.3az-compliant with advanced energy-saving features, the DGS-1016S packs full functionality and Gigabit performance into a slim yet sturdy metal design.
Good for the Planet,Good for your Budget
The eco-friendly DGS-1016S is compliant with Energy-Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standards to save energy and reduce heat emissions without sacrificing performance and functionality. When low-traffic or idle interface ports are detected, the DGS-1016S automatically transitions them into a low-power state, substantially reducing overall device power consumption. Furthermore, the DGS-1016S can determine the approximate length of cables attached to each port to apply just enough power for data transmission on that link, saving even more power while lowering total cost of ownership (TCO).
The DGS-1016S features a fanless design for silent operation, reduced energy consumption, and enhanced reliability by eliminating a common point of failure.
Prioritize What’s Important with Quality of Service
Quality of Service (QoS) support also enhances your network’s efficiency. QoS cleverly prioritizes network traffic so that time-sensitive data, such as VoIP or surveillance footage, are unaffected even during bursts of high-volume traffic. This allows for an all-round smoother, uninterrupted network experience.
- 16 x Gigabit LAN ports for high-speed wired connections.
- Plug-and-play installation for convenience.
Energy-Efficient and Eco-Friendly
- Supports 802.3az Energy-Efficient Ethernet.
- Reduces power to a port when there is no traffic.
- Optimizes power usage for a port for the length of cable connected to it.
- Energy-efficient design reduces heat generated and allows the switch to run silently
- IEEE 802.1p QoS priorities traffic by data type to provide optimal performance.
- 16 x 10/100/1000 Mbps LAN ports
- IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T
- IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX
- IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T
- IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
- IEEE 802.1p QoS
- IEEE 802.3az Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
- 32 Gbps
- Auto-MDI/MDIX crossover for all ports
- Secure store-and-forward switching scheme
- Full/half-duplex for Ethernet/Fast Ethernet speeds
- Supports 9,216 byte jumbo frames
- Back pressure at half-duplex operation
- Wire-speed reception and transmission
- Auto-negotiation for each port
- Quality of Service (8 queues, strict mode)
Data Transfer Rates
• 10 Mbps (half-duplex)
• 20 Mbps (full-duplex)
- Fast Ethernet:
• 100 Mbps (half-duplex)
• 200 Mbps (full-duplex)
- Gigabit Ethernet
• 2000 Mbps (full-duplex)
MAC Address Table Size
- 8K entries
Packet Filtering/Forwarding Rates
- Ethernet: 14,880 pps per port
- Fast Ethernet: 148,800 pps per port
- Gigabit Ethernet: 1,488,000 pps per port
- 512 KB per device
- Per port: Link/Activity/Speed
- Per device: Power
Media Interface Exchange
- Auto-MDI/MDIX adjustment for all ports
- 280 x 110 x 25 mm
- 0.77 kg
- 12 V / 1 A
- Standby: 3.37 W
- Maximum: 8.89 W
- Operating: 0 to 40 °C (32 to 104 °F)
- Storage: -40 to 70 °C (-40 to 158 °F)
- Operating: 10% to 90% non-condensing
- Storage: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- 564,658 hours
Maximum Heat Dissipation
- 30.32 BTU/h
- CE Class A
- FCC Class A
- ICES 003