USB KVM Switch For 4 PCs
The D-Link DKVM-4U KVM switch is a handy device that allows you to control up to 4 PCs using only one monitor, keyboard and mouse. The monitor and the two input devices are connected directly to this KVM switch and not to the client computers. For office users with a need for several PCs, this KVM switch box eliminates the need for several monitors, keyboards and mice, saving the money and desktop space. The DKVM-4U is also a cost effective solution for control of several servers in a computer room, allowing an engineer to handily manipulate all connected computers from a single monitor, keyboard and mouse.
Save Money and Space
The DKVM-4U allows you to control up to 4 computers from a single keyboard, monitor and mouse, so you don’t have to purchase a monitor, keyboard and mouse for each PC. Your desktop will also look less chaotic. Your KVM switch can be placed underneath your desk, with 4 sets to KVM cables connecting from this switch box to 4 computers. Each KVM cable set includes a video cable for PC’s VGA connector, and a single USB 2.0 cable for the PC’s USB port. From the KVM switch box, you can connect to 2 USB devices: a USB keyboard and a USB mouse. 2 sets of KVM cables are provided for ready connection to 2 computers, the remaining KVM cables are optional.
You can switch quickly between the individual client computers by pushing a button on the DKVM-4U or by pressing the hot keys on your keyboard. The KVM switch confirms the switchover with an acoustic signal, and has LEDs indicating which PC is currently being served by the console. All connected PCs are automatically scanned every 10 seconds, so your monitor, keyboard and mouse are updated whenever you switch to a selected PC. CAPS LOCK, NUM LOCK and SCROLL LOCK key’s status for each computer is automatically recalled. The DKVM-4U guarantees that the client PC does not crash when it is disconnected from KVM switch box.
High Monitor Resolution Support
The DKVM-4U is capable of supporting the most demanding resolutions (VGA, SVGA and Multisync monitors) of up to 2048 x 1536 at 75Hz refresh rate (bandwidth up to 400MHz) without any noticeable degradation in image quality.
- 4 KVM Ports.
- Allows Control of 4 USB Style PCs From Single Keyboard, Mouse & Monitor.
- Supports VGA, SVGA & Multi sync monitors.
- Supports Video Resolution 2048 x 1536 (Bandwidth Up to 400MHz).
- Supports USB Keyboard & Mouse.
- Keyboard & Mouse Emulation for Error-Free Boot-Up.
- Supports Microsoft IntelliMouse & Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer.
- PC Selection Via Push Button or Hot Keys.
- Audible Feedback When Switching.
- Auto Scan Mode.
- LED Indicator for Each PC.
- Auto Recall of CAPS LOCK, NUM.
- LOCK & SCROLL LOCK Status for Each PC.
- No Driver Required
- Bus Power, No AC Power Adapter Required
Connectors to Computers
- 4 DB-15 HDDB video connectors (to Computers’ monitor ports).
- 4 USB 2.0 Type B connectors (to computers’ USB ports).
Connectors to Console computer
- DB-15 HDDB video connector (to console monitor).
- USB Type A connector (to console USB keyboard) computer.
- USB connector (to console USB mouse).
Computer Selection keyboard
(Manually switching back and forth among 4 computers)
- Through push button 10 seconds.
- Through hot keys.
- Switching confirmation: buzzer sound.
Hot Key Menu Functions
- Scroll Lock + Scroll Lock + 1: switch to computer 1.
- Scroll Lock + Scroll Lock + 2: switch to computer 2.
- Scroll Lock + Scroll Lock + 3: switch to computer 3.
- Scroll Lock + Scroll Lock + 4: switch to computer 4.
- Scroll Lock + Scroll Lock + –>: switch to next computer.
- Scroll Lock + Scroll Lock + <–: switch to previous computer.
- Scroll Lock + Scroll Lock + B: beeper ON/OFF.
- Scroll Lock + Scroll Lock + M: resets mouse and keyboard.
- Scroll Lock + Scroll Lock + S: auto-scan mode every 10 seconds.
- 4 port LEDs for 4 connected computers.
Physical & Environmental
- 5V 70mA
- Directly from connected computer’s USB port, no external power adapter required.
- 178 (L) x 105(W) x 30.5(H) mm.
- 275 grams
- FCC Class B
- Microsoft Windows 98SE, ME, NT, 2000, XP, NT 2003.
- Linux Red Hat.
- DKVM-4U switch.
- 2 sets of 1.8 m KVM cables (each includes 1 video cable, 1 USB 2.0 cable).
- Quick Installation Guide.
Optional KVM Cables
(Each includes 1 video cable, 1 USB 2.0 cable)
- DKVM-CU 1.8 m (6 ft).
- DKVM-CU3 3 m (10 f t).
- DKVM-CU5 4.5 m (15 ft).