The DWA-185 Wireless AC1200 Dual Band USB 3.0 Adapter lets you experience faster wireless speeds than ever before by delivering powerful Wireless AC technology to your desktop or notebook computer. Simply plug the adapter into an available USB port and connect to a secure wireless network with an Internet connection, and right away you‘ll be browsing the web and chatting to your
friends. With its integrated dual band technology, over the 2.4 GHz (300 Mbps) or 5 GHz (up to 867 Mbps) bands2, you’ll have reduced Wi-Fi interference to maximize throughput for faster streaming, gaming, and VoIP calls.
Wireless AC Standard
802.11ac1 is a new networking standard that produces high-throughput wireless speed on the 5 GHz band. This means that you can enjoy clear, smooth streaming HD video from your favorite websites and services, lag-free online gaming, and clear audio and video calls over the Internet. Wireless AC gives you the smooth, lightning-fast performance you need to get the most out of your Internet connection.
The DWA-185 supports the MU-MIMO technology, allowing you to fully utilize the power of your Wireless AC Wave 2 router. When several clients supporting MU MIMO connect to a Wireless Wave 2 router, it can transmit independent data streams to them simultaneously via different antennas. This allows you to use wireless channel for transmitting data more effectively and significantly improves
overall Wi-Fi throughput.
Extended Wireless Range
The DWA-185 is designed to provide wireless connectivity in hard-to-reach places. Its high-gain antenna provides a boosted signal reception so that you can enjoy wireless coverage over a wider distance than with a regular wireless adapter. The antenna is also rotatable so you can eliminate dead spots by fine-tuning the positioning to get the best available wireless connectivity.
Compatible With All Your Wireless Products
While the DWA-185 adapter delivers cutting-edge 802.11ac speed to your home network, it’s also backward compatible with all of your current wireless products.
The DWA-185 Wireless AC Dual Band USB Adapter uses dual-band technology, providing interference-free 5 GHz bandwidth. Check your email and surf the Internet on the 2.4 GHz band; play online games, make calls over the Internet, and stream HD movies to multiple devices using the cleaner, low-interference 5 GHz band. Whatever you like to do online, dual-band technology has you covered.
USB 3.0 for Maximum Data Transfer Speeds
The DWA-185 also supports the high-speed USB 3.0 specification. When connected to a compatible USB 3.0 device and using the 5 GHz wireless band, the device will automatically switch to USB 3.0 mode, allowing you to achieve the highest possible data transfer rates and fully utilize the speed benefits of the 802.11ac standard.
Robust Security Options
The DWA-185 supports WPA2 encryption that provides a protected wireless network connection and protects transmitted data. Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) support greatly facilitates the connection process, allowing you to set up a connection easily with the touch of a button in the connection utility.
Dual Band 802.11ac1 Wireless Technology
- Fully utilize the power of your Wireless AC Wave 2 router due to MU-MIMO support.
- Dual Band technology offers flexibility and versatility depending on your connectivity needs.
- USB 3.0 support maximizes data transfer speeds for compatible devices.
Extended Wireless Range
- Detachable omni-directional 5 dBi antenna, integrated omni-directional 2 dBi antenna.
Total Wireless Security
- Supports WPA2 encryption for high-level wireless security.
- Use Wi-Fi Protected Setup to establish a secure connection with the press of a button in the connection utility.
- USB 3.0.
- Status LED.
- Detachable omni-directional 5 dBi antenna.
- Integrated 2 dBi antenna.
- Windows 7/8/10, Linux, Mac OS.
- USB port3.
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac.
- 802.11b/g/n: 2.4 GHz to 2.4835 GHz.
- 802.11a/n/ac: 5.15 GHz to 5.35 GHz, 5.725 GHz to 5.825 GHz4.
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- 64/128-bit WEP.
- WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES).
- IEEE 802.11a: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48 and 54 Mbps.
- IEEE 802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5 and 11 Mbps.
- IEEE 802.11g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48 and 54 Mbps.
- IEEE 802.11n: 6.5 to 300 Mbps (MCS0 to MCS15).
- IEEE 802.11ac: 58.5 to 867 Mbps.
Dimensions (L x W x H)
- 47 x 20.5 x 12 mm.
- Operating: 0 to 40 °C.
- Storage: -40 to 70 °C.
- Operating: 10% to 90% non-condensing.
- Storage: 5% to 95% non-condensing.