The Edimax GS-1008P V2 is a Eight PoE+ Port Gigabit switch designed for use in home, small or medium sized network environments. With 8 DIP switches, the PoE port can be manually set for ON-OFF control to extend the PoE delivery distance up to 200 meters and also support port-based NO-OFF for VLAN and QoS functions. It easily connects and supplies power to PoE-enabled devices such as wireless access points, network cameras and IP phones as well as other Ethernet-enabled devices such as computers, printers and network attached storage (NAS). The device’s compact size and fan-less design make it an ideal solution for expanding home and small business networks.
Power over Ethernet (PoE+) Auto Detection
The GS-1008P V2 features four IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE+) ports which supply up to 30 watts of electricity per port. It can convert standard 100-240V AC power into low-voltage 50 – 57V DC electricity to power IEEE 802.3at compliant network accessories via existing LAN cables. With PoE detection capability, the GS-1008PV2 is able to verify whether the connected device is IEEE 802.3at compliant. In the event that a PoE device is not detected, only network data will be transmitted through the LAN cable – meaning easy setup and management of network devices such as access points and network cameras.
Power and Data Transmit Distance Extension
The built-in solid DIP switch provides “Extend” operation modes on switch 1 & 2. The GS-1008P V2 operates as a “Standard” IEEE 802.at/af PoE Switch when DIP switches status off. In the “Extend” mode, status on, the GS1008P V2 operates on a per-port basis at 10Mbps duplex operation but can support 30-watt PoE power output over a distance of up to 200 meters overcoming the 100m limit on Ethernet UTP cable. With this brand-new feature, the GS-1008P V2 provides an additional solution for 802.3at/af PoE distance extension, thus saving the cost of Ethernet cable installation.
Innovative Port-based VLAN features
The ES-1008P V2 features port-based VLAN where ports can be isolated from each other via DIP switch port 3 & 8. This can help to prevent IP camera’s multicast or broadcast storms from affecting each other.
Hardware QoS for Video & Voice Traffic Priority
Supports 802.1p QoS via DIP switch port 4. This ensures first priority for video and voice traffic.
The unique CCTV-mode DIP switch function is ideal for surveillance networking environment. Switching all DIP switches to on enables CCTV mode which gives multi-function PoE + data extension, Port Isolation and QoS on the ES-1008P V2. When using video surveillance systems for homes, business or institutions, the CCTV mode provides better speeds for multicast viewing and easier installation. Setting all DIP switches back to off quickly changes the ES-1008P V2 back to normal for general-use data transmission.
Plug & Play, No Installation Required
Just plug Ethernet or PoE enabled devices into the switch. Data and power can be transmitted through existing standard Cat-5e Ethernet cables with no additional cables or configuration required. The GS-1008P V2 reduces the difficulty, time and cost of network setup.
Flexible Network Deployment & Energy Efficient
The GS-1008P V2 PoE+ switch is a fast and effective solution when power outlets are unavailable for your network devices. The switch additionally supports IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet which allows for less power consumption and reduced costs during periods of low data activity.
Fan-Less Quiet & Compact Design
A fan-less design ensures quiet operation and enables an even more compact design, keeping valuable desk space free in home or small office environments.
- Eight 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit PoE+ ports.
- IEEE 802.3af/at PoE compliant for simplified deployment and installation.
- Up to 30W per PoE port (total power budget: 130W) for powering PoE-enabled devices.
- Auto-detection of powered devices (PD) and power consumption levels.
- Hardware DIP switch for “Standard” and “Extend” mode selection; the “Extend” mode features 30-watt PoE transmit distance of 200m at speed of 10Mbps.
- Port-based VLAN and Loop Protection features.
- Supports 802.1p Quality of Service (QoS).
- 8 RJ-45 10/100/1000Base-T PoE+ ports.
- Store and forward.
- Power: Green LED.
- LNK/ACT: Green LED (Port 1 – Port 8).
- PoE: Green LED (Port 1 – Port 8).
- PoE Alert: Green LED (PoE overload alarm).
- PoE Extend, VLAN, QoS.
- Input: 100-240V AC.
- Power Supply: 160W.
Dimensions (L x W x H)
- 215.5mm x133mm x 42mm.
- 1609.5 g.
- 1000Mbps port – 1488,000pps.
- 100Mbps port – 148,800pps
- 10Mbps port – 14,880pps.
Power over Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3at.
- Up to 30W per port.
- 1/2(+), 3/6(-).
PoE Power Budget
- Operating: 0 ~ 40 °C, Storage: -40 ~ 70 °C.
- Operating: 10 ~ 90% , Storage: 5 ~ 90%.
- IEEE 802.3 10BaseT Ethernet.
- IEEE 802.3u 100BaseTX Fast Ethernet.
- IEEE802.3ab 1000BASE-T.
- IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE).
- IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+).
- IEEE 802.3x Full-duplex and flow control.
- IEEE 802.3az Energy efficient Ethernet.
- FCC, CE, LVD.